Flaxhaven Lodge Whitianga
Purpose built luxury Bed & Breakfast centrally located to 4 sandy beaches, Whitianga town (via quaint passenger ferry), Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach. Peace and privacy.
John and Lee are committed to ensuring your comfort, enjoyment and relaxation during your stay with us at picturesque Flaxmill Bay, near Cook's Beach, Whitianga, Coromandel Peninsula.
Flaxhaven Lodge is specially designed and built to optimise our unique location on the Coromandel Peninsula, being so central to the many desirable destinations in the area.
* We offer 2 accommodation suites both designed with quality fittings to ensure comfort and relaxation. Parking alongside your private entrance. Check our website for photos and configuration details. Breakfasts are our specialty.
* A short walk wil take you to 4 beautiful, but different, safe white sandy beaches.
* Walk again to our "local" restaurant Eggsentric, or a choice of many eateries in Whitianga seaside town (via the little Passenger ferry)
* Drive less than 15 minutes and walk the world famous Cathedral Cove track, set in the midst of a stunning marine reserve.
* Also less than a 15 minute drive is the equally famous Hot Water Beach where you can experience bathing in the natural hot spring water. ( we can loan you digging implements ).
* Flaxmill Bay is the ideal place from which to explore the whole Peninsula. We can suggest lots of options for day trips to amazing beaches and forests.
* Mercury Bay is the center of a busy fishing industry, so if fishing is your pleasure there are many opportunities from a handline off the wharf to luxury deepsea gamefish charters.
* Visit the recently opened thermal seaside spa complex "The Lost Spring" - world class.
* Remember that we will welcome you with warmth, help you unwind with refreshments, and look forward to sharing with you our home and the beauty of the unique Coromandel coastline.