Federation House B&B Inn Oamaru
A WELCOME INn. A Sound Night's Sleep Assured. An Urban Haven For Discerning Guests.
This grand Heritage House commands a prime site on Cape Wanbrow, with panoramic views overlooking the Harbour, Ocean and Town and is centred within close/walking distance to downtown Historic Oamaru’s tourist attractions, the Penguin Colonies and the end of the Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail.
Built and occupied in 1915-20 as a large two storied family home, it is a superb example of the Australasian Federation period of architecture from the era about 1888-1918; with a blend of styles from the English Queen Anne, Art Nouveau, the American Shingle and the English Arts & Craft Movement.
Some features on the ground floor include high, pressed tin ceilings, wood panelling (wainscot) and use of native and imported timbers in an aura of spaciousness.
This character home has been diligently renovated by the owner to provide modern Hotel facilities, ensuring privacy with ensuite bathrooms and quality King/Twin beds. Guests receive Southern Hospitality and experience an historic era of superb building.
- There is off-street parking with disability access and bathroom on the ground floor.
- First opened for Guests in 2001 and is functioning successfully up to the present!!
- We endeavour to cater for individuals requirements. FREE WIFI.
- The spacious Federation Lounge & Sunroom has a choice of several dining tables, which can be formed to provide a banquet/convention situation for a group. It also has a Bar/Kitchenette; TV with comfortable sofa/armchairs; piano and pool table.
- The layout is ideal for group bookings like large families, where a package deal to suit requirements with self-catering or Host/chef available. There are five guest bedrooms with extra beds; Lounge and Kitchen available for short-term rent by negotiation.
- The sunny, peaceful, homely atmosphere and environs are conducive to artists, writers and business people for creative work when considering staying for a longer period.
- TARIFF – MEDIUM - $60-120 SGL; $120-160 DBL for Lodging only.
- Breakfast of choice optional: Continental/Cooked $15 per person.
- SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR WINTER RATES; GROUP BOOKINGS & LONGER STAYS