Boutique Bed and Breakfast at Birds Ferry Lodge
West Coast South Island New Zealand
Rediscover the natural world in this private 20-hectare oasis, ideal for a romantic getaway or a restorative weekend. Indulge in a holistic massage, soak in the outdoor Spa high above a river valley cascading through native forest to the ocean. It’s a luxury Punakaiki accommodation in heartland wilderness, yet easily accessible by air or road, only 2km from State Highway 6 and 20 minutes from Westport and the famous Punakaiki Pancake Rocks… but it feels a lifetime away.
The whiff of fresh baked bread, homemade conserves, real espresso, our own organic fruit and produce: breakfasts at Birds Ferry Lodge are legendary, and included in your tariff.
Complete the day with superb cuisine and wines hosted at the Lodge, as a breath-taking sunset gives way to the absolute quiet of evening. You’ll sleep as never before in luxury linen, and wake to the bellbird’s song and if you are very lucky a Kiwi!
B&B Accommodation with the option of dinner and fine wines
Venture out to explore a wild landscape steeped in Maori and European history, or curl up by the fire with a book and a glass of wine, to the sigh of the ocean. No live television, no landline, no clocks, but with many small luxuries and a commitment to the environment, it’s the perfect retreat for indulgent relaxation.
- Continental breakfast
- Both rooms have fridges & Nespresso Coffee Machines
- Unlimited use of heated spa at no extra charge
- Highspeed wireless internet
- Private Access onto deck with outdoor seating area
- All rooms have En Suite facilities, with full size baths
- Complimentary load of laundry per night of stay
- Luxury hand made toiletries from Marlborough
- Decadent monogrammed fluffy bathrobes
- Heated towel rails in bathrooms, and radiators in bedrooms
- Dual control Electric Blankets
- Quality beds, mattresses and linens for a comfortable sleep
- All rooms have screened windows
- Fresh Flowers
- Complimentary hot and cold non-alcoholic refreshments
- Room darkening drapes over large windows
- All rooms have sea and/or mountain views
Grand View with four poster Queen bed
Totara Valley with King bed